Västerhus seed orchard
· Excel sheet with maps (do not push this but the next link, server seems case sensitive) including dedications: http://daglindgren.upsc.se/Froplantager/Vasterhusprojekt/mapt10vasterhusid.xlsx
· Map of Västerhus seed orchard (for identification of sample tree environment)
· Article about the Västerhus seed orchard by Fries et al 2008
· Noteringar om Dag Lindgrens farfar (paternal grandfather), who was born close to Västerhus and so his ancestors tracking four generations back!..
· A thinning and pruning trial at Västerhus (some year old plan)
· Populär artikel om fröplantager notera att Västerhus är vinjettbild!
· Presentations in Madrid 2008 where Västerhus is used as an example in some presentations
publications based on material from Västerhus:
Fries A, Lindgren D & Andersson B 2008. The Swedish Scots Pine Seed Orchard Västerhus. In Lindgren D (editor) Proceedings of a Seed Orchard Conference, Umeå, Sweden, 26-28 September 2007. p 70-77.
The institutional page of Xiao-Ru Wang including a list of papers which includes many of the mentioned and sometimes offer download capacity.
Torimaru, T., Wennström, U., Andersson, B., Almqvist, C., and Wang, X.-R. 2013. Reduction of pollen contamination in Scots pine seed orchard crop by tent isolation. Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research in press DOI: 10.1080/02827581.2013.838298
Torimaru T, Wennström
U, Lindgren D, Wang XR 2012 Effects
of male fecundity, interindividual distance and anisotropic pollen dispersal on
mating success in a Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris)
seed orchard Heredity: 2012 108(3):
Torimaru T, Wang X-R, Fries A, Andersson B, Lindgren D 2009
Evaluation of pollen contamination in an advanced Scots pine seed orchard in Sweden
Silvae Genetica: 2009 58:262-269
Wang X-R, Torimaru T, Lindgren D, Fries A 2010
Marker-based parentage analysis facilitates low input "breeding without breeding" strategies for forest trees
Tree Genetics & Genomes: 2010 6:227-235
Fries, A., Torimaru, T., Wang, X., Andersson, B. & Lindgren, D. 2009. Pollination patterns in Scots pine seed orchards. Korea Forest Research Institute (editor) 2009. Seed orchards and the link to long-term breeding in response to climate change. Abstracts from a meeting of IUFRO WP 2.09.01 at Jeju, Korea, 8-11 September 2009 p.8-9.
Lindgren D & Wang X. Advanced generations “breeding without breeding” with only forests and combined seed orchards/breeding populations. Korea Forest Research Institute (editor) 2009. Seed orchards and the link to long-term breeding in response to climate change. Abstracts from a meeting of IUFRO WP 2.09.01 at Jeju, Korea, 8-11 September 2009 pp 4-5
Ola Rosvall left his position at Skogforsk (but keep on with much of what he has done) at end of 2011. As a gift he got signatures on a board made from a surplus tree of his dedicated clone from Västerhus.
Much of the work with pines in Västerhus was done with a Japanese postdoc, Takeshi Torimaru, who left Umeå at end of Mars 2009, but made a short revisit. He was rewarded “Dag Lindgrens award for talented forest geneticists” (20 000 SEK) at 130930 and will receive the award 121206. One reason was to mark the inauguration of the “Dag Lindgren” seed orchard which is genetically connected to Västerhus and may partly replace it.
Last edit 170830